Friday, April 24, 2009

Life is not a destination, but a Journey...

. . . enjoy the journey. I've recently become vaguely discontent with my life. My sister says it's because I turned thirty last year. I suddenly feel like I should behave and look like a grown-up, at least most of the time. Like actually wearing makeup to the grocery store and going beyond wardrobe basics to something with a bit of flair. I am intimidated by these ideas and don't know where to go, but I now have a sort of road map for me. My sister lent me a book called The Total Mom Makeover. It's a six-week deal. I'm on day 2. I tend to shy away from deep self-reflection, but I'm going to force myself to go through the exercises each day in hopes that I'll come out at the other end a better person and more happy to be me (not that I don't like being me, just that I could be happier with myself).

1 comment:

  1. Did this book end up being helpful to you - The Total Mom Makeover? It sounds very interesting to me and I'd like to find it sometime if you think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete