Friday, January 22, 2010

Settling In

We have been in our new house for a week and we are struggling to find places for everything we have. It will all get put away eventually, but some things need shelving constructed before they have a home.

On Wednesday we bought a shelter puppy. He's a real nice dog. We named him Rudy because he's little but full of heart (like Sean Astin's character in the movie of the same name). He's a Terrier mix, mostly looks like a Cairn Terrier. He's decided he likes me best, so he follows me around and feels forlorn when I am gone (or so I'm told by the other members of the family). I think dogs are labeled as man's best friend because they insist on being that way. He's my shadow sometimes, much more so than any of my toddlers ever were. But we all love him, and he loves all of us. The kids have been waiting for about three years to get a dog, and now they all want to go on walks with him and he gets played with so much he is tuckered out and takes naps just to get a break from us. We are really getting settled for a long stay here, and we're thrilled with that prospect!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like a very cute doggy. I hope he stays good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a cutie! Can't wait to meet him. I'm glad you are getting settled in. Did the girls finally get their boxes empty?

    ReplyDelete