We've had quite a flurry of activity the past few weeks. Here's a quick tour of our fun:
We went hiking a few weeks ago on a moderately dry Saturday. It was drizzly, but we didn't mind it at all.
Check out the gigantic tree trunk, and the very cool mine shaft. It was "rainier" inside the mine than outside.
Shonee and I also took a hike up Wakeena Falls two Saturdays ago, which had gorgeous weather for hiking. The view across the gorge was amazing!
I made a "fiesta" dress for Alena because we had a fiesta for the last day of school on Friday.
Montana and Alena were waiters. Emma was the owner (she designed and printed the menu). Everything was made to order. Emma also made the pinata. Alena and I revisited my childhood while making paper flower decorations. Emma made an enormous one which leant the light fixture a festive air.
And finally, last Saturday, we all went to the beach to soak up the sunshine. The water was unusually warm, so all the kids got soaked more than once. There was a mountain of sand we climbed. It's really hard work climbing up sand!
This shows how steep it was.
Such fun, fun stuff. Thanks for posting about all of your doings. I'm super impressed with that darling menu. Man, I love your kids!
ReplyDeleteI agree. I love reading about everything that goes on with everyone. Blogging is such a wonderful blessing we have in this day and age. My parents never got this kind of information when you kids were little. I tried to write at least once a month, but I rarely included pictures. Blogs are so much better.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting all of those fun things! I LOVED the Fiesta and all the work the kids and you did to make it so fun. Also loved your photos of the hiking trip. I'll have to get several of these photos from you when I see you again.
ReplyDeleteMan Emma...that food did look extremelly good...but those are some steep prices! You must have very wealthy customers :c)
ReplyDelete