
I built these shelves entirely by myself, from the lumber store to the finished product.

They work pretty good as bookshelves, huh?

But the real purpose is to organize our shoes. I just smile every time I walk past this beauty. A shelf for every person.

I also decided I needed bigger couch pillows that offered more support. Voila.

I didn't realize how much like a Harry Potter jersey they looked like until they were done. Oh well. They are suede and really comfy.
Sierra - these are awesome! I'm so impressed :c) That shoe shelf is a great accomplishment...I was proud of myself when I built a shoe shelf that came in a box from Target...I'd be so much more proud if I had done all the work you did! So nice to get something organized that probly drives you crazy on a daily basis. And probably on a good budget, if I know you :c) The pillows look comfy and wonderful. Nice job. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think I spent about $20 on material. Not too shabby for solid wood. I already had a cool little tool that made pocketholes for me to screw the thing together. Perfect everytime. I also used some paint that I already had. The pillows are like butter! You'll have to come try them out sometime =)
DeleteThey look GREAT! I get a kick how you guys just decide you need something and then figure out a way to just make it. And some of those projects are ginormous. When Douhet decided he wanted to build his house and just started doing it. No formal training, but he learned everything he needed to learn. You do the same thing, from the beautiful quilts you have made to new book shelves. I'm totally impressed!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about the others, but Daddy really inspired a do-anything attitude in me. I get a book or I get on the web and educate myself, then I go for it. I've also done plumbing, electrical, tile-work, finish carpentry, floor-laying... I like being a renaissance woman. A little bit of everything.
DeleteI love your industriousness, persistence and talent! I also love how organized you are. I still think of you every time I come in the door and have a place to hang my keys on the rack you made. The shelf looks great and the pillows do, too! I will love seeing them close up and trying them out.
ReplyDelete