First, we went to LaPine for our annual Wilcox Reunion. Good Times!
Then, we spent a delightful 4th of July with my sister's family. Epic water fight! After we got home, we climbed up onto our roof to watch fireworks, which is not as scary as it sounds. We have a really low pitched roof.
For our Langford Campout, we went to Quinn River for a few days. We tried out our new mini kayak and some yummy dutch oven recipes. The absolute best was fresh homemade ice cream with our apple crisp!
And our last big trip was with our good friends, the Palmers. We went to Paradise Campground. Bee-u-tiful river right by our campsite. Gorgeous falls and pools and flowers. Lots of hiking, but that's all good. What wasn't so good was the crazy windy road we took to a trailhead. Eek!
To be perfectly honest, I was sort of looking forward to school starting. Summer wore me out! But now, I'm already looking forward to the fun we'll have next year when the sun comes out again.




All those pictures make me happy!! They also make me excited for adventures when our kids are older like yours. Thanks so much for sharing, and that camping trip was SO much fun - I am proud to be included in your highlights of summer! Miss you guys :c)
ReplyDeleteHaving independent kids is awesome! The time will come for you guys too.
DeleteThanks for the update. I hope you will blog more now that things have settled down a bit.I love reading your blogs.
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Marmie. I don't know if my life will keep being interesting enough to blog about!
DeleteYour collages were great! Perfect groupings that said so much about those wonderful adventures.
ReplyDeleteThank you. We had lots of fun with all our favorite people, including you!
DeleteThanks! Pictures are one of my favorite ways to relive memories. Each one brought the past back to life for me as I was looking through to select my collage picks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun summer! Good job sitting down to get all that organized and put together. I know that takes time. Love you!
ReplyDelete