Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's quilted!

I was so lucky to be able to use a long-arm quilting machine that a lady in our ward owns. I did a large stipple over the whole surface, except for the center medallion, which I did in-the-ditch around the basket, flowers and vines. I had some trouble with the thread the first day, after getting the thing all pinned to the machine. But on Saturday I went over again and a bit of fiddling with the threading solved the problem. I was able to completely quilt it in about 3 hours. Now I've just got to do the binding and make a label for it and I will be ALL DONE with this service project! It's been so educational to do these different techniques and I've enjoyed it very much, but I know the lady who bought the materials for it is anxious to have it in her home. It's taken about 4 months.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Four months? Holy cow! It's no wonder professionally made quilts cost a fortune! It looks really great. I still have to finish the top for Alyx's quilt. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually spend the whole 4 months on it, I put it away for about a month when we were packing and moving. It did take a lot of time though. It's 100" square, my biggest project to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That truly is amazing, Sierra - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete